"Walk a little plainer, Daddy,"
said a little boy so frail;
"I'm following in your footsteps,
and you must lead me well."
Sometimes your steps are very plain -
sometimes they are hard to see;
So walk a little plainer, Daddy,
for you are leading me.
"I know that once you walked this way,
many years ago;
And what you did along the way,
I'd really like to know;
For sometimes, when I am tempted,
I don't know what to do;
So walk a little plainer, Daddy,
for i must follow you!
"Someday when I am all grown up,
you are like I want to be;
Then I will have a little boy
who will want to follow me;
And I will want to lead him right,
And help him to be true;
So walk a little plainer, Daddy,
For we must follow you.
Unknown Author
No comments:
Post a Comment